Sunday, May 21, 2023

breaking down brick walls - Thomas Briggs

 continuing from my last post, am going to trace (and hopefully figure out the connection), the witness to my 5x great grandparents' wedding in Banbridge, Down, Northern Ireland in 1788.


WHO IS THOMAS BRIGGS to my ancestors? Usually a witness to a marriage was a family member, so am starting with this assumption.

Next I will find out who he married, his descendents, and see if me or my siblings have any DNA connections (my father died years ago, before I could get him to test, but my siblings and I have)

I found a few baptismal dates (and Ballydown is the area where some of my ancestors are KNOWN to be from). Note there are other Briggs from the area, a shared ancestral space with my known ancestors.

31/05/1765      James           Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinnear           Ballydown
24/05/1768      Jane            Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinnier           Ballydown
03/08/70        Alex’r          Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinnier           Ballygown
16/06/1776      Isabella        Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinier            Ballydown
07/12/77        And’w           Thos Brigs          Mary Kinnier           Ballydown
13/12/1778      Jane            Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinnier           Ballyd--
24/06/1781      William         Thomas Briggs       Mary Kinnier           Ballydown

25/03/1767      Agnes           Thomas Lacky        Martha Briggs          Ballydown
17/11/1776      Thomas          Thomas Lackey       Martha Briggs          Ballydown

I found the aforementioned records here: Bainbridge Presbyterian Baptisms, County Down Ireland 1756-94 (igp-web.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment